How we work

We are an online community of kind-hearted individuals who directly donate gently loved children's clothes to mothers who could use a little kindness. The wonderful donating mothers lovingly box up the clothes that they once loved their own kiddos in and send them for another mother to love on her children via the US Mail - Parcel Post. If you are in need, know someone in need or want to help by donating, please contact us at kindness@passitonbaby.com. If you can't do any of these but would like to spread our message - thank you kindly! ~ Elizabeth & Heather

Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Long Overdue Thank You....

Please note: If this is your first time visiting our blog, please click here to hear the premise of Pass It On, Baby! and how it all began.... Pass It On, Baby!

Hi friends! I am so happy to be writing to you today….We’ve had some great guest bloggers and a little break to share a recipe between moms (and I LOVED Heather’s blog on inspiration in the community) – but I’m back and ready to chat! =)

I draw inspiration from so many in our community as well as others that are out there, day in day out, making a difference. Today, though, I am drawing inspiration from all of us here that are a part of Pass It On, Baby! We finally took the plunge officially in May of this year and began this little circle of kindness. Heather and my conversations started out talking about “if we help 12 people this year and they go on to pass along the kindness – just imagine.” It’s October and we’ve helped more than 32 children on their way. Surely not as many as other organizations, but we stand proud and happy to be out there making a difference. And simply put – we have. 32 children and their parents are out in the world today knowing that there are people who care.

And we do. Many, if not all of us, have been there…. there are times in your life where you could USE the helping hand. The farther that I travel down this path with PIOB, the more I look back in to my past to see all the people that have helped me get to the moment where I am.

Years ago, while still in college and finding I was pregnant with my first son, I was really unsure and scared. Initially, I wasn’t at the point of feeling all the joy and excitement that accompanies a new life – I was overwhelmed. I had a friend of mine that I told all my secrets to. She knew my worries, my concerns, my whole thought process during that time. At some point, she told her mother. It wasn’t long afterwards that her mother came for a visit. She asked to spend some alone time with me and took me shopping. She bought me a cute trendy outfit that would take me through the first several months of pregnancy. She took my friend and I out for dinner later that day, too – but she spent a solid day with me and for once, I wasn’t scared, only excited. She helped me along my way….

I’ve lost touch with that friend, over the years, but I NEVER forgot how that mother made me feel. They didn’t have a lot, I’m sure that the outfit and dinner was a sacrifice – but it shaped me. I’ve thought so much about her along the way…if you ever end up in Shelbyville, Indiana – let Pauline Wright know she changed a scared girl’s life.

He’s 13 – turning 14 now….he is one of the best things that ever happened to me. I told him about Pauline and the difference she made and told him that it was a gift to us – a gift that he too must find a way to give back. And so the circle continues…..helping another and paying the kindness forward.

When I initially had that first baby (I have five now – so that seems, at times, so long ago) I was in no position to give back, as some of our recipients might feel also. But you don’t know where the years will take you, and you don’t know where you may pass that kindness along, or who you may be influencing.

I guess I really wrote to say, thank you. Thank you for the sacrifices, the kindness, the love and the community that you have given Heather and I. We hope that the number 32 becomes 64 and then 128 and so on…there are so many kiddos to send some love to. We hope that you will continue to share in our journey, to pass our word along and to inspire kindness as you can. You never know who is drawing from your kind action and bringing it forth in to the present.

In love and kindness,


Email Elizabeth & Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment