How we work

We are an online community of kind-hearted individuals who directly donate gently loved children's clothes to mothers who could use a little kindness. The wonderful donating mothers lovingly box up the clothes that they once loved their own kiddos in and send them for another mother to love on her children via the US Mail - Parcel Post. If you are in need, know someone in need or want to help by donating, please contact us at kindness@passitonbaby.com. If you can't do any of these but would like to spread our message - thank you kindly! ~ Elizabeth & Heather

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Habits For Happiness

Please note: If this is your first time visiting our blog, please click here to hear the premise of Pass It On, Baby! and how it all began.... Pass It On, Baby!

I have been in a bit of an energy slump it seems like for the last few days.  My husband and I have been enjoying our week with the house much quieter (and more organized) with his mom and grandmother gone but the list is endless of all the things we need to get done before their return: deep clean the house before everyone returns Saturday, organize my husband's desk and the filing for his new real estate business, work on his marketing plan, get business cards ordered, work on my client's marketing plan, have date night with my husband and family time over the weekend before the hectic work week all starts again. On top of that, we are still working on figuring where we can cut our monthly's to keep making ends meet until some of these checks start coming in, looking into a mother's day out for my son, and keeping up with the other daily things that it takes to keep a household running, and so on! I am also still dealing with my sisters situation and trying to support where I can emotionally but I just don't have a lot left to give. I'm exhausted just writing about all of this - let alone actually DOING IT! :) I know my body is telling me to slow down when my eyes burn of exhaustion daily and now my sciatic nerve is acting up again which it hasn't done in a couple of years. I know it's stress related and the inability to release all this pent up emotional energy. 

So, when life starts to get a little out of whack for me (as it seems to do sometimes a little too often), I like to revert back to a book that has made a huge impact in my life. A book called "Feeling Your Way to Happiness." It's a book that I helped ghost write for my husband now almost 5 years ago (hard to believe its already been that long!) To make a long story short, we started writing this back several years ago when we had both been struggling with personal issues and demons. On the journey of re-discovering our purpose and meaning in life - my husband started coming up a list of energy lifting habits that needed to be intertwined into any happy person's every day life. As we started to implement them one by one - we began to notice some major changes in our life, our emotions, our reactions, our relationships, our outlook. Fast forward a few months later - I decided that I would quit my corporate downtown advertising agency job and help my husband write this book. It was very therapeutic and every day as I sat to write, the more I felt the information became imbedded into my mind and my soul. It was quite the therapy session for me. We helped a friend start their own publishing company and wallah - they had published their first book and so had we! Very exciting! Now this book has not been on the NY times best seller list nor made it to Oprah's book club (yet anyways) BUT it has touched and changed too many lives to count. Everyone from drug addicts to soldiers. So, below are the Habits for Happiness that I am re-connecting with in my life today in order to bring my energy levels back to where they need to be - happiness! Below each habit is an Energy Exercise that you can use to practice building that habit.


1. Faith
  • Connect With Nature
  • Turn Your Negatives Into Positives
  • Put Time Into Your Spirituality
2. Passion for Happiness
  • Say "Hello" Wherever You Go
  • Be More Child-Like
  • Do the Things You Enjoy Doing
3. Create Your Vision
  •  Plan Your Success
  • Be a Daydreamer
  • Increase Your Knowledge
4. Be Willing To Learn Something New
  • Listen to Others
  • Attitude is Everything
  • Fail Successfully
5. Appreciate Your Journey
  • Spend Five Minutes  a Day Being Thankful
  •  The Power of Please and Thank You
  • Learn to Accept Other People's Journey
6. Maintain a Healthy Lifestyle
  • Drink More Water
  • Eat Smaller, More Frequent Meals
  • Exercise, Your Energy Depends On It
7. Strive for Excellence
  • Put Things Where Belong
  • Organize Your Life
  • Be a Leader at Work and at Home
8. Have Confidence in Yourself
  • Be a Fear-Fighter
  • Accept Your for You
  • Do Not Judge Others
9. Maintain Positive Relationships
  • Network With Positive People
  • Eliminate Negative People From Your Life
  • Make Your Friends and Family Feel Good
10. Be Forgiving
  • Release Past Hurts
  • Ask for Forgiveness
  • Stop Playing the Victim
I'm sure there are many more "habits" that we could implement in our life to help us attain and sustain this energy of happiness. But these are the ones we felt most important at the time we were writing. If practiced for 30 days - I bet you too might see some life altering changes. It is something I am re-introducing into my life so I can increase my energy and use that energy to propel me forward. 

And if you would like to learn more about the book - feel free to check out www. feelingyourwaytohappiness.com or go to Amazon.com. My plan wasn't to push the sell of the book but only to share the information. Hope it has struck a chord with you to try out one or two of these habits in your life. Let me know!

In love & kindness,

No comments:

Post a Comment