How we work

We are an online community of kind-hearted individuals who directly donate gently loved children's clothes to mothers who could use a little kindness. The wonderful donating mothers lovingly box up the clothes that they once loved their own kiddos in and send them for another mother to love on her children via the US Mail - Parcel Post. If you are in need, know someone in need or want to help by donating, please contact us at kindness@passitonbaby.com. If you can't do any of these but would like to spread our message - thank you kindly! ~ Elizabeth & Heather

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Meet Carrie....

Please note: If this is your first time visiting our blog, please click here to hear the premise of Pass It On, Baby! and how it all began.... Pass It On, Baby!

Heather and I have introduced you to some pretty awesome people out there making a difference. Recently we met our new friend Carrie whose enthusiasm for helping other is just downright contagious – such an upbeat, fun and caring person! We just LOVE hearing from her – she has been amazing in passing along our message, in getting other mommas to join in the fun of helping another momma out and in helping two families out herself. Thank you SO very much!!

Carrie hails from North Carolina. She is a wife to Devin – 2.5 years and counting and a momma to Chatham for 8.5 months! And look how stinkin’ cute this one is….SERIOUSLY!!!


Carrie says:
I heard about PIOB from Mitzi @ The Goodson Family Blog. I love reading about moms helping moms.

Here’s my Story:

I spend six LONG days in the NICU with my son, Chatham, when he was born. He had respiratory failure at birth and then suffered from TTN (wet lungs) due to the emergency c-section. While Chatham was only a week early, he was a tiny 6 lbs. at birth and I was not prepared for that – I didn’t have clothes that would fit him, or bottles to feed him with; since he had reflux and wouldn’t take the bottles from the NICU. On night #2 in the hospital I was visited by a mom two rooms down from me , she had a bag of Dr. Brown bottles, preemie size clothes, and a few odds and ends for me to ease my mind. I immediately called my mom and had her bring dinner to the family on night #4 as I didn’t know how else to thank them for their kindness. They left the hospital a day before I did and we celebrated with them just outside the NICU doors.

As I read about PIOB, my mind wondered back to the wonderful friend I made at the hospital and the calmness that came with the bag I was received. I want to pass on that calm, easy feeling to other moms and let them know that people care. And being a new parent is hard enough without having to stress about food, clothes, and bottles.

She is just amazing and right now with so many people stressed at this time of year – its downright calming and grounding to remember that there are people like Carrie walking beside you in this life. Soo - thank you Carrie on behalf of our organization and the mommas you helped along their journey. It is SO appreciated!

In love and kindness,


Email Elizabeth & Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment