How we work

We are an online community of kind-hearted individuals who directly donate gently loved children's clothes to mothers who could use a little kindness. The wonderful donating mothers lovingly box up the clothes that they once loved their own kiddos in and send them for another mother to love on her children via the US Mail - Parcel Post. If you are in need, know someone in need or want to help by donating, please contact us at kindness@passitonbaby.com. If you can't do any of these but would like to spread our message - thank you kindly! ~ Elizabeth & Heather

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Giving is everywhere...

Please note: If this is your first time visiting our blog, please click here to hear the premise of Pass It On, Baby! and how it all began.... Pass It On, Baby!


A couple of days ago, I was at Chick-Fil-A having a "Mommy and Cade" night. Now, I don't like to take my 19 month old to Chick-Fil-A too often but it's a nice treat and I feel like it's a little better than maybe other fast food restaurants. Plus, I've been working alot!! I recently took on a contract job for a couple of months so my life is a little crazy and my poor baby isn't seeing me as much each day. Between working, teaching fitness classes, and then handling the marketing for the restaurant client I already had as well as Pass It On, Baby! my time has been VERY limited!

So back to being at Chick-Fil-A, I order a kids meal (which I never do - we usually share something) and saw on the bag this note about The Gift of Giving. This is what it reads...




The powerful act of giving is a way to spread a smile. Even helping in a small way shows you have a lot of style. There's so much you can do to help others out. Like donating part of your allowance to a cause you care about it. No matter what the gesture, no matter the amount. Giving is a great idea, your thought is what will count. 
It touched me to read this. Obviously giving back is so important to both Elizabeth and me. And with the recent events in Haiti, there is never a better time to think about giving or teach your children about giving. Even if it's a nickel or a stuffed animal or something so very small. Like the poem reads, if it is a cause you care about it doesn't matter how much it's just the thought that counts! I couldn't have said it better! Many of you have wanted to donate clothing through Pass It On, Baby! but maybe there hasn't been a match of sizes. If you are ready to get rid of those clothes and we don't have it in our immediate needs list - consider donating your clothes to your local American Red Cross and they will tell you what they need and where to bring the items. It is another way to impact moms and families in desperate need of basics. And if you are part of our blog - then it's part of Pass It On, Baby! You could even pack the clothes with our letter if you like. (it may or may not make it to the person in Haiti but atleast these organizations would know that PIOB cares!)

It seems like that giving is everywhere. Maybe that's what happens when we have a recession, people out of work and natural disasters. We learn that it's not about what we have but what we can give.

If you have heard of any other ways to donate clothes to Haiti - please comment back on this blog post and let us know.

Much love to all of you!

In love and kindness,




1 comment:

  1. Sorry, this is unrelated, but my 3 year old is named Cade! I never meet anyone with the same name as him, I think that's cool :-)

    ReplyDelete