How we work

We are an online community of kind-hearted individuals who directly donate gently loved children's clothes to mothers who could use a little kindness. The wonderful donating mothers lovingly box up the clothes that they once loved their own kiddos in and send them for another mother to love on her children via the US Mail - Parcel Post. If you are in need, know someone in need or want to help by donating, please contact us at kindness@passitonbaby.com. If you can't do any of these but would like to spread our message - thank you kindly! ~ Elizabeth & Heather

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Update on Landyn & Larsyn

Please note: If this is your first time visiting our blog, please click here to hear the premise of Pass It On, Baby! and how it all began.... Pass It On, Baby!


Almost exactly 1 year ago, we received quite an emotional and moving email from a little family expecting twins (a little girl and a little boy). Sadly, the little boy had been diagnosed with a terminal birth defect called Alobar Holoprosencephaly (when the brain doesn't separate during the first 4-6 weeks of gestation). The mother of these two beautiful twins was obviously devastated and had a very difficult time preparing for the birth of only 1 of her beloved babies. By the grace of God, she was directed to Pass It On, Baby! Our community was able to help provide her little girl with clothes and help ease the burden of shopping for only one child. This family's original story is linked here for you to read.

Well, it's been some time and this family had an update to share. Please read the ever evolving and beautiful story of Landyn & Larsyn as the mother (Shanna) shares a little of her reminiscing on her one year anniversary of finding out about her little boy Landyn.


TUESDAY, APRIL 27, 2010 12:06 PM, CDT
So today a year ago was when our lives changed. And we started counting our daily blessings.
 This day is forever burned into my memory, frame by frame, word by word. As we are having our ultrasound checking for what we thought could have been Downs Syndrome, only a 1 in 118 chance according to my triple screen. As the ultrasound tech is measuring baby A, Landyn, he is just a few days shy of Baby B, Larsyn, she gets to his head and Says" I just cant get a correct measurement on baby A, let me let the Dr. take a look at these. She never returned. As we waited in the room, I prayed as hard as I ever had, I knew something was terribly wrong. Then the Dr. walked in and Said ," I am sorry , it seems that baby A has Alobar Holopresencephaly, a condition that is incompatible with life, being he is Baby A , I would recommend you selectivly reduce this pregnancy to save Baby B, if you don't do this the likely hood of you carrying these babies to term is very slim and you could lose both of them. By then my mind is going crazy, I cant think straight and I get up and leave the room. I went to the restroom because I had to get away from the negativity of the Dr. to hear your baby is not compatible with life and is not worth giving him a chance made me furious, no matter what Landyn had, I knew he would have a chance and this DR, was wrong !!I collected myself, went back into the room and told him I agreed with the diagnosis did not agree with the treatment he recommended, it was up to God and I wanted a second opinion.
As we left I prayed and cried , my heart was breaking and mostly dreading telling 3 little girls that had been so excited to finally have brother,  that their brother was sooo special that God has chosen him to be one of his Angels and that we would only have a short time with him.
God instantly granted Keith and I the strength to go home and tell the girls and keep it together. The start of multiple miracles and blessing in our lives ! God is Good ! 

We are so blessed and humbled to read and share this story with you. We are glad that we can continue to share their story. 



In love and kindness,

No comments:

Post a Comment