How we work

We are an online community of kind-hearted individuals who directly donate gently loved children's clothes to mothers who could use a little kindness. The wonderful donating mothers lovingly box up the clothes that they once loved their own kiddos in and send them for another mother to love on her children via the US Mail - Parcel Post. If you are in need, know someone in need or want to help by donating, please contact us at kindness@passitonbaby.com. If you can't do any of these but would like to spread our message - thank you kindly! ~ Elizabeth & Heather

Monday, September 28, 2009

Peaceful Ramblings this Monday...

Please note: If this is your first time visiting our blog, please click here to hear the premise of Pass It On, Baby! and how it all began.... Pass It On, Baby!

Hi friends! I know I promised a post on quick recipes to give us moms a hand, but I just wasn't feeling it today. I'm left in the aftermath of a documentary I watched and some of the points, thoughts and emotions it brought up. It was amazing and spiritual and yet, jarring at the same time. To be honest, it's been three days and my mind is still processing the whole thing. It had images of children digging through garbage dumps to find food, homeless in the street, war and destruction - and yet it interwined such images of beauty, hope, nature, prayer and worship...suffice it to say that the whole film was an experience. I can't find another word to describe it. It was beautiful -- completely exposing the fragility of humankind. It's called Baraka, if you ever happen upon it. Interestingly enough, (and I personally think beautifully enough) I received this as a gift from a friend, just wanting to share a little wonder that she had stumbled upon. She and I have differing views on our spirituality, and yet I think this movie transcends our beliefs and deals with the world as a whole. We have more in common than we do apart - and to be honest, I think that's the truth with a lot of us out there. We focus on our differences instead of how similar each of us truly is.

I mentioned in a recent post how much I miss being able to talk about differing beliefs openly and here comes a dear friend opening that door in my life all over again. Thank you, L....such a gift.

SO -- that's where I am. Reflecting, regrouping, figuring out how to make sure I am adding kindness each and every day. This morning, I chose to read some items that give me strength, hope and resolve to do better, and to keep doing better. This is still one of my faves....

People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway.

What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway.

Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway.

In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.


-this version is credited to Mother Teresa

I do still promise to post those recipes (thanks to those who have sent them in - and we'd love to hear from those of you who haven't yet.)

We don't have to accept what is here. We can change things. We can provide help, hope, love and kindness and change this experience for so many. It just takes a first step.

Forgive me for preaching...I seem to be wrapped in my own head this morning.

On another note - HOW AWESOME IS TAMMY???!! So glad she decided to share her story...inspiration for so many of us! Love knowing there are people like her in the world. Not only that, but she is a very talented artist who has offered a future giveaway for our readers. Seriously - the girl keeps getting better and better!! LOL!! Remember, we'd love to hear your story too...we learn from each and every one. Exactly as it should be. =)



In love and kindness,


Email Elizabeth & Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment