How we work

We are an online community of kind-hearted individuals who directly donate gently loved children's clothes to mothers who could use a little kindness. The wonderful donating mothers lovingly box up the clothes that they once loved their own kiddos in and send them for another mother to love on her children via the US Mail - Parcel Post. If you are in need, know someone in need or want to help by donating, please contact us at kindness@passitonbaby.com. If you can't do any of these but would like to spread our message - thank you kindly! ~ Elizabeth & Heather

Thursday, February 25, 2010

A single mom's plea for help...

Please note: If this is your first time visiting our blog, please click here to hear the premise of Pass It On, Baby! and how it all began.... Pass It On, Baby!


Everyday we continue to get stories and notes from mothers struggling to provide even the basic of items for their children. We've shared stories of kids without winter coats, even socks and shoes. 

We heard from one particular mother towards the end of the year in a panic, desperate to receive assistance. Her name is Jennifer and she is a single working mother. At the time she contacted us, she had 2 older children and 1 little one on the way (a bit of a surprise and definitely not planned). Most of her family lives far away from her and those who do live close are unable to help her with much more than a supportive ear. With her little girl due in January, Jennifer found herself struggling to find baby items that she could use - even finding a used crib was quite a feat. Her friends threw her a very moderate shower as most of them are struggling moms as well so she found herself just a couple of weeks from having her little girl and in a panic to even have bottles, clothes, bibs, you name it - just the basics in bringing home a newborn baby. Miraculously Jennifer was guided to Pass It On, Baby! She reached out for help and PIOB was able to deliver. Several boxes of clothes, toys, bottles, odds and end necessities were sent as little care packages just in time for the new little girl. Jennifer has been so overwhelmed by the love and support from Pass It On, Baby! 

I am writing this to show my gratitude to everyone who has helped me at Pass It On, Baby! PIOB has been such a blessing to me and my children. I am a single mom of 3 kids and times are very hard for me. I just recently had a baby and because of PIOB - my baby came home from the hospital with clothes. I didn't have anything for my baby - clothes, bottles, mittens, and because of some wonderful packages I received - I was able to give my infant what she needed. I think this method of reaching out and helping the parents that are hurting financially is such a great thing! I can't even begin to fully express or even explain how much this has truly helped me. If it was not for Pass It On, Baby!, I really don't know how I would have properly clothed my infant or provided her the necessities. I truly feel blessed. I hope that Pass It On, Baby! can touche other people's lives the way it has done mine...
Thank you sincerely,
Jenn
PS. Here are a few pics of my little girl with some of her Pass It On, Baby! clothes as well as her with her proud brother and sister.                                                                                                        




Thank you again to all the wonderful donors of Pass It On, Baby! Whether you donate clothes, donate your time reading this blog and sharing our message, or donate your love to someone else you know in need - we couldn't survive without you!

In love and kindness,

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful baby and the brother and sister are gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete