How we work

We are an online community of kind-hearted individuals who directly donate gently loved children's clothes to mothers who could use a little kindness. The wonderful donating mothers lovingly box up the clothes that they once loved their own kiddos in and send them for another mother to love on her children via the US Mail - Parcel Post. If you are in need, know someone in need or want to help by donating, please contact us at kindness@passitonbaby.com. If you can't do any of these but would like to spread our message - thank you kindly! ~ Elizabeth & Heather

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day!

Please note: If this is your first time visiting our blog, please click here to hear the premise of Pass It On, Baby! and how it all began.... www.passitonbaby.blogspot.com/2009/04/building-it-all-on-faith-in-human.html

Happy Mothers’ Day to all of you mommies out there! I hope for this one day you can relax, put your feet up and let the fruits of your labor (that would be the kiddos – you know you LOVE that pun!!) spoil you for one day! Heather and I feel like broken records by telling you just how overwhelmed we’ve been by your response. So instead, we are going to start focusing on where your response has brought us.

If you know me, you know that if you’ve gotten within fifty feet of me, you’ve heard about Pass It On, Baby! I’m constantly talking about it everywhere I go. Friday, I was at my son’s therapy session. While he interacts with his friends, the moms and I talk. I waited for everyone to get settled in before I started talking about Pass It On, Baby! (well, let’s be honest….patience is hardly a strong suit of mine – I waited at the most, thirty seconds…and people were hardly “settled” but anyhoo…. =) There was an immediate response. A friend of mine, Ginny, started talking about one of her friends who had lost her home in a fire the night before. While the family involved had gotten their children out safely (except their dog), everything else they owned was destroyed in the fire. There was an immediate need for clothing for their daughter (size 7-8) and son size (3-4). Due to your generosity and support, we are going to be sending boxes that help that dear family. I just can’t imagine. My home is my foundation. It’s where I feel safe. While I imagine I would be immensely grateful for my children and husband getting out ok, I also imagine that I would feel chaotic as I shuffled from one resting place to another after the fact. So, we are here. And we are helping. As boxes begin to reach from one person to another, we will spotlight both the sender and at times, the receiver. Stay tuned….

Boxes are shipping, that’s an amazing statement. Mothers are helping other mothers – ones they don’t know and may never know. It’s amazing. And hopefully contagious. Keep getting the word out…you never know who you are going to meet who may need us! =)

Relax this day, mommies. You deserve it. Look around at the home you’ve built with love. There are imperfections, there are things to be cleaned, I’m sure. But, be thankful. Feel your blessings today.

In love and kindness,



Email Elizabeth
Email Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment