How we work

We are an online community of kind-hearted individuals who directly donate gently loved children's clothes to mothers who could use a little kindness. The wonderful donating mothers lovingly box up the clothes that they once loved their own kiddos in and send them for another mother to love on her children via the US Mail - Parcel Post. If you are in need, know someone in need or want to help by donating, please contact us at kindness@passitonbaby.com. If you can't do any of these but would like to spread our message - thank you kindly! ~ Elizabeth & Heather

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

It's all about timing...

Please note: If this is your first time visiting our blog, please click here to hear the premise of Pass It On, Baby! and how it all began.... www.passitonbaby.blogspot.com/2009/04/building-it-all-on-faith-in-human.html

It has been such an exciting and busy week for us! If you haven't seen it yet, we currently have a blog button on MckMama's blog as well as The Meanest Mom. People are starting to see us and join our group! We have had great feedback on receiving clothes for possible recipients and the message is growing.

I wanted to circle around on our first recipient. If you go back and read the "Happy Mother's Day" post - you can catch up on the family I'm talking about that lost everything in a fire in Columbus, OH. Needless to say, the timing was right as Elizabeth and I had just started Pass It On, Baby! It was our very first opportunity to show what we could do. Obviously, time was of the essence as this family had nothing. So we began reaching out to our networks - searching for anyone who had clothes that would fit this little girl.

Elizabeth spoke about how she and her family helped put together boys clothes in the last post "Giving...A family Affair". This same family was also in need of girls clothes size 7-8. I frantically emailed any mother I could think of or friends of mothers asking if they could please help us find girls clothes. I had one very generous mom offer to donate clothes but she was unable to get the clothes out quickly as she had been very sick (fear of having the swine flu here in TX) so I went and picked up the clothes helping to expedite a box to Ohio. After finally getting the clothes and realizing that the sizes weren't quite right - I became worried. Here was our first chance to give to this family and for whatever reason - I was having a tough time pulling together these clothes for this little girl. So I made one last plea on facebook to all my friends and family hoping the right person would see my message. (Keep in mind this is all in a matter of 1 day) That very day - a mother who I knew from teaching cycle had seen me at gymboree as well and requested me on facebook. She immediately saw my post and responded. She had previously worked as a children's clothing rep for Ralph Lauren before having her first son. Apparently, she had stocked up on both girls and boys clothes to last her until the age of 18! She had clothes ready to go. I was ecstatic! I couldn't believe how such an unlikely connection resulted into this helping this little girl get a few items to wear. Not to mention these were brand new clothes - never been worn.

So I guess the long and short of it all is that I need to breathe, relax and have faith that it always works out. I just want to help as many hurting families as I can and sometimes I forget to give a part of that up to a higher power. Someone in more control of it all then me. The recipients, the donors, will all come in good time. When and if we are meant to help, it will cross our path.

I look forward to continue sharing our journey to helping others and how that fits in our lives as mom's too!

In love and kindness,


Email Elizabeth
Email Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment