How we work

We are an online community of kind-hearted individuals who directly donate gently loved children's clothes to mothers who could use a little kindness. The wonderful donating mothers lovingly box up the clothes that they once loved their own kiddos in and send them for another mother to love on her children via the US Mail - Parcel Post. If you are in need, know someone in need or want to help by donating, please contact us at kindness@passitonbaby.com. If you can't do any of these but would like to spread our message - thank you kindly! ~ Elizabeth & Heather

Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Father's Day Tribute...

Please note: If this is your first time visiting our blog, please click here to hear the premise of Pass It On, Baby! and how it all began.... Pass It On, Baby!

Being that it is Father's Day weekend - I thought that this might be a good time to honor those men in our lives that need to be recognized. Maybe it's not necessarily a father or husband but maybe a teacher, coach, uncle, brother or pastor that has provided you that fatherly love and support you have needed along the way. Good men need to know that their presence in our lives has been respected, appreciated and downright needed. Let's take this time to share who we are honoring this Father's Day. 

I'll start. First I am going to mention my father. My dad is quite a man. My mom left him when I was 4 and my sister was 6 months. He struggled with how to be both mom and dad (especially figuring out what to feed us - like when he would give me cottage cheese and ketchup as a snack :)  And then when my mom came back into the picture, he struggled with letting us go live with her as that's what his children at the time wanted. He didn't want to see us heartbroken nor separated from each other. So he let us go. I know he regretted it many times but did what a loving father felt was best. Over the years, he found it difficult to interact with my mom as they had differences of opinion on how we should be raised, visitations, money and various other things that even married couples would probably disagree on. But he always fought for us. No matter what. And when my mom decided that she needed to leave again (due to a second failed marriage and not sure where her life was headed), my dad quickly stepped up to the plate. My father has been a foundation of strength in my life that I cannot even begin to put into words. He has helped me persevere through school when my sister was killed even though I wanted so badly to quit. He came up to Indiana from Texas to drive me home when I knew I could no longer be so far away. (That trip was fun although long - listening to various artists like Janis Joplin and The Grateful Dead).  My dad has continued to help me be the woman and the mother that I am today. He may not have always made it to every game I cheered at or call me on the phone all that often just for a chat - but he is truly my hero. I love him for everything he is done for me not only financially but more importantly emotionally. Thank you dad for being my father. I love you!

As for my husband - words cannot even begin to describe the kind of man I have chosen to spend the rest of my life with. Many people in my life probably cannot even comprehend our relationship but it is truly on the level of soul mate. We have a connection that fairy tales are written about. My husband and I have taken a spiritual journey together from the moment we met. He is my confidant, my best friend, my lover and the only person I can imagine spending every day with. He truly makes me laugh from deep down within my soul like no other person can make me laugh. He guides me when I'm not sure how to manage an obstacle in life with such gentleness, encouragement and wisdom. He keeps me young as I tend to be a bit OCD and one that has everything scheduled. He helps me to be more spontaneous and less rigid. I feel like the little girl that I once was when I am with him. He is a wonderful father! He is so involved with the day to day upbringing of our son. He is lots of fun and a great teacher! He changes dirty diapers, helps with feedings, baths and lets me go out with my friends if I need it. My husband is a dreamer, a thinker, and a great philosopher. He is constantly pondering over how to make ourselves, our communities, our schools, our cities, states and governments better. He talks daily about how to grow as an individual each day - becoming better today than yesterday. He is willing to try anything new and usually good at it (can be a bit disgusting at times.) He has a gift (and sometimes which can be a curse) of knowing what people are feeling. He has a very in tune energy feelers (which has been known to cause him migraines and other ailments) which he is still learning how to manage. It can be tough knowing what people think and feel about you, others or situations before they are even aware of it. (Like when he knows exactly what's wrong with me before I have even become aware of it myself). My husband lives through the ebb and flow of life and I envy that about him. He wants to experience all aspects of life and will always give it 110%. He is constantly learning and growing and sharing that growth with me. Although my husband may not have all material things in the world at this time (I know soon enough he will) - we are well taken care of and don't go without anything. Most importantly he provides us the love and attention we need and deserve. In the end - all we REALLY need is love. From there - we can be and attain anything. Happy Father's Day! I love you!

I'm looking forward to your Father's Day tributes or a "Man in my life that made a difference " tribute. Happy Father's Day to all of you!

In love and kindness,


Email Elizabeth & Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment