How we work

We are an online community of kind-hearted individuals who directly donate gently loved children's clothes to mothers who could use a little kindness. The wonderful donating mothers lovingly box up the clothes that they once loved their own kiddos in and send them for another mother to love on her children via the US Mail - Parcel Post. If you are in need, know someone in need or want to help by donating, please contact us at kindness@passitonbaby.com. If you can't do any of these but would like to spread our message - thank you kindly! ~ Elizabeth & Heather

Thursday, June 25, 2009

The joy of giving and receiving...

Please note: If this is your first time visiting our blog, please click here to hear the premise of Pass It On, Baby! and how it all began.... Pass It On, Baby!

Giving and Receiving - it is truly the essence of Pass It On, Baby! Those mothers who are done using their gently used children's clothes can "Pass It On" to other mothers who are needing the extra love and kindness. It is the circle of love - our circle of love. And we cannot provide this love without all of you who have been "giving" and "receiving". Both mothers win - both mothers feel better - feel rejuvenated - feel blessed after the circle has completed. We feel blessed as well just joining these families together. It's these families, these experiences that continue to push us to continue this journey everyday. We've had numerous stories of love and hope that have been shared - that you should read. It will uplift you and leave you knowing there is still so much good in the world. Please enjoy. Let us know your thoughts and how YOU felt just reading these little joyful moments of giving and receiving.

Pass It On, Baby! Recipient
I can hardly write this from the tears in my eyes. We received three packages today, from Texas, Indiana and Georgia.

I was so embarrassed to even ask for your alls help but, desperation makes you do a lot of things you wouldn’t. Plus, Alex had wore the same too small jean shorts, and three or four too small shirts for weeks. Dylan had a few more pieces, hand me downs from Alex, but I don’t think the child has ever had anything that was only his. (When he opened his things he kept saying "For me? Thank you mommy!")

I’m not embarrassed anymore. Humbled, blessed, touched beyond words, full of emotions but not embarrassed.

My boys are happy. Not that they weren’t before exactly. They’ve lost so much, they have so little. Their grandmothers severe illness (that included life flight by helicopter and many weeks stay in the hospital followed by months of rehab) took a toll on the whole family, then I lost my job to company lay off, I’d give up everything I have but I hate it most for the kids.

We’ve had to sell things, most heartbreakingly we had to re-home their dogs because life isn’t fair, we can’t afford right now to stay home (starting to get back on our feet again, able to put a little bit more back every two weeks into getting back into our home) and the apartment we’re living in with my brother doesn’t allow pets.

Still they get up everyday and live their lives with smiles on their faces but today, a whole new world opened up for them. It seemed like Christmas watching them open their clothes. Their faces glowed with appreciation. I read the letter inside the packages to them, and the names of the person who signed the letter. I told them where each package came from.

The moment I still can’t recover from though, is when Alex, who’s nearly 7 said:

“Mom, Indiana, Georgia and Texas must know Jesus and God. I don’t know anyone in Indiana, Georgia or Texas, but Jesus and God probably does, that’s how we got these clothes.”

Yeah, sounds about right.

Indiana, Georgia and Texas, thanks for knowing Jesus, and God.
Alex, Dylan, and their touched mommy

Pass It On, Baby! Recipient
I am so touched by the outpouring of baby things and prayers sent our way from Pass It On Baby ! It touches my heart so deeply to have mothers with children, twins and mothers that have sweet babies in heaven and dear sweet grandmothers send my sweet babies items, every item received is so cherished because each item comes with prayers for my babies and that means more to me than any amount of money or anything that I would purchase in a store ! My girls are also very thrilled when our babies receive a new package ,they are truly learning how giving and receiving from the heart is so rewarding !  We feel Gods love as well as the love and prayers that come with every package. I wish I could hug each and everyone that has sent a package or said a prayer for Landyn and Larsyn and my entire family.
 I have a journal with each and every package and those senders will get a personal thank you from Larsyn and I and with a miracle and prayers Landyn as soon as they arrive ! Which should be no later than July 31st !
Please pass on my thanks and love to all !
 
With love and prayers for you both and your supporters !
Mother of Larsyn and Landyn

Pass It On, Baby! Donator
I just want to say that word is spreading quickly about your cause primarily because it is a fabulous service you are offering! I commend you for your efforts! You're not only helping people in immediate need of clothing, but others, like myself, who have such a sentimental attachment to my children's baby clothes. Donating them to you feels like a good reason to let them go. So thank you for helping me turn my sadness at letting go into a good purpose! As my children grow, I, too, will Pass It On, Baby! :) Keep up the excellent work! 

Pass It On, Baby! Donator
We sent 4 boxes today- here are some pics of my "helping crew"-- the boys really did enjoy this project- and helped pack and tape the boxes-- the Post office, well, taking 4 children to the post office is always an adventure- especially when you are trying to take pictures and then have to wait in line for 15 minutes! (this group sent to 4 different families!!)





In love and kindness,

Email Elizabeth & Heather





3 comments:

  1. It is so wonderful to read the words of the moms that have been helped. I have to admit, after reading about Indiana, Texas & Georgia I had to reapply my mascara.

    What a wonderful blessing we all are to each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have fall/winter girls 6-12 months that im looking for a new home. Please let me know if their are any one in need of these. I also would love to set something up like this in my area. If this is possible please let me know I know there are lots of families in need here in my area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candace - please leave us your contact information if you happen to visit this comment again. We don't have any contact information for you. =( Feel free to email us at kindness@passitonbaby.com

    In love and kindness,
    Elizabeth & Heather

    ReplyDelete