How we work

We are an online community of kind-hearted individuals who directly donate gently loved children's clothes to mothers who could use a little kindness. The wonderful donating mothers lovingly box up the clothes that they once loved their own kiddos in and send them for another mother to love on her children via the US Mail - Parcel Post. If you are in need, know someone in need or want to help by donating, please contact us at kindness@passitonbaby.com. If you can't do any of these but would like to spread our message - thank you kindly! ~ Elizabeth & Heather

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Where in the world???

Please note: If this is your first time visiting our blog, please click here to hear the premise of Pass It On, Baby! and how it all began.... Pass It On, Baby!

Hello friends! Hope everyone is enjoying their day, and for those of you at home, I hope you are getting in to the new summer routine!! (Many of us have all the kiddos home for the summer! )

I wanted to let you know that since we have had such an amazing outpouring of support for Larsyn and Landyn’s mom, we will continue to keep you updated as we hear from her. For those of you looking to contact her personally, send us a quick note and we will pass along her information. She has a caring bridge page that she is also more than happy to share. And then – you too can know her name! =) Lol…she wouldn’t care, we just keep the names to ourselves as a rule.

The mother of the two autistic sons has also received a large outpouring of support. We all thank you for your kindness. We’ve even attached some pics of her son with the boxes.

These are two particular stories that we have heard that touched our hearts – but we have heard from just as wonderful mothers who are simply in the midst of “the struggle.” They are wonderful reminders each and every day to us of how beautiful all of our stories are and how kindness allows hope and faith to spring eternal. I know I’m a believer!

Now, one thing I’m SUPER excited about – look on our sidebar. I love the new map we have that shows where all our readers are from. We have to work out a kink as some of the countries are not showing (like Australia and New Zealand – where we actually have some readers! How cool is that???!!) but we are having fun and maybe brushing up on some geography while blogging. If you stop to look, we have had many readers from Canada. While we are officially setting up the non-profit here in the US (like all the legal and tax write-off stuff), we have had a super-kind woman offer to facilitate any needs/ donations for Canada. I’ll be totally frank – I know NOTHING about their postal system, so I will be asking our new friend to answer any questions that may arise.

We didn’t hear a lot on people wanting to share their personal ideas on kindness. Maybe you’ll reconsider? I’m totally in to hearing how other people make this world a little better, through charity, just plain old kindness or random acts. I told you before, it gets the dialogue going and gives us all ideas on how to better impact the people in our every day lives. It doesn’t have to be huge – just something.

One last thing, I was really nervous putting up the accessories and hair bows on the immediate needs section. I know they aren’t “needs” per se, but I have a little girl, Ashlyn. After four boys, I LOVE dressing her up all girlie with ribbons and bows – yes, a little over the top you might say. I had a mother contact us and tell me that she simply can’t afford them and that although she is dealing with much bigger issues, that it was still a moment that made her sad. So, I put it out there. I understood the need and when Ashlyn is done with her bows, you can bet they are headed somewhere else. Another mother contacted me and mentioned that she uses her crafting time to create bows for her own girls and that she would be sending me some to include in packages that I myself am sending. Not to mention another mother that said her 6 year old doesn’t use half of hers. Soooo – thank you mommas – you get it. We all deserve that moment to pretty up our princesses…..and they all are. =)

Here is my Ashlyn below....yes, maybe this is a little bit over the top! hee hee!! But after all that testosterone, don't I deserve it? =)



In love and kindness.


Email Elizabeth & Heather

And here are those adorable pics I promised you of one of our receiving families. Keep this momma in your hearts, please. She is wonderful....and so are her beautiful sons! If you are familiar with autism - the fact that he is looking in to the camera is a HUGE accomplishment! Hooray! And there is NO mistaking happiness in the second pic! Just. Love. It!!

2 comments:

  1. A small kindness but last winter I would clear off the car next to me in my work parking lot sometimes. Just as a small (and free!) pick me up to that person. I always stop to help people carry things in and out of work when they have a pile to transport. That's all I can think of at the moment but I would love to see more ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing!! You were the brave first soul! =) I LOVE this and I'm definitely going to do the exact same thing. So easy, but I know it would make me feel great to have that done for me, so I can only imagine that it would do the same for others. ~ E

    ReplyDelete